Choosing the right box can save you money and time!
- We recommend using small and medium sized boxes, and fill them up as much as possible, staying within the recommended weight limits per box. Boxes that are too big for your items are too heavy to lift end up costing you more because of the additional labor needed to move them, damaged items that weren’t packed properly and potentially the need to repack these items into the appropriate box. Of course, for certain clothes and kitchen items large wardrobe boxes are useful and mini dish packs for dishes.
Where can I get boxes?
- To be environmentally conscious and to save money, it is always great to use LIGHTLY used boxes when possible. They can be found online on sites like FB Marketplace, Free Cycle, NextDoor or from friends who moved. However, if you are putting items in storage for an extended period of time or doing an interstate move, we suggest using new boxes in order to provide the best protection for your possessions.
What exactly is considered a small box and what should I pack in them?
- Small boxes are very useful for packing books, tools, small appliances and other small items
- They are 1.5 Cubic Foot, 16x12x12h and can carry up to 40 lbs in weight
How do I find boxes for unusually large or special items?
- We suggest having us pack these items to make sure they are protected properly. We are able to find the right boxes for each item and do custom orders for the ones that need it.
The Best Box Advice
1. Have us supply the supplies
One of the easiest ways to get your moving boxes & other moving supplies is to have us do the packing! At Box Pack N Move when we work with our customers we supply them with the moving boxes, packing tape, and pack insulation for fragile items. When working with moving professionals who are insured, you have the peace of mind that your valuables are protected.
2. Find Packing Boxes Online
There are any number of websites that you can order packing supplies from. There are many large e-stores like Amazon, Ebay, Best Price Boxes, and so many more. Our advice on picking moving supplies from online retailers would be do your research on the reviews, cheap doesn’t mean better. If you are looking to try and get moving boxes for free online, what is up next should be right for you.
3. Free Moving Boxes Online
If you do look online, we suggest looking at Facebook MarketPlace, Community Fan pages, Craig’s List or Reddit Community pages. These communities will sometimes have people who just moved loving to get rid of packing boxes after they are moved in or you can even request some ground to see if there are families with extra supplies!
4. Purchase Moving Boxes in Denver and Colorado Springs
If you do decide to use your own boxes and purchase them, make sure you get high quality boxes from a box supply store and follow the weight suggestions while you are packing. You definitely do not want to overfill or make them too heavy as it will take us more time to move your boxes and can result in your items being damaged during the move.
To speak to a professional, call us at (720) 258-5455 to talk to the moving professionals. Our team will help you find the moving or packing services that you might need. We can also point you in the right direction to help get your move off to a smooth start. Contact us and schedule you professional movers.